Register Now for This Exciting Webcast, which Features Live, Real-Time Video, Audio, and PowerPoint Presentation Streaming over the Internet!!
Individuals who are unable to attend the 2010 Clinical Informatics Summit in person will now be able to participate in the event by joining the live webcast. All of the keynote presentations and panel discussions, including the audio/video and powerpoint decks of each speaker, will be streamed in real-time over the Internet. Webcast attendees will be able ask the speakers questions using the live webcast chat feature. Participants will also be able to network with other online attendees. Attendees will be able to qualify for Nursing and HIMSS CPHIMS continuing education credits. The integrated video and powerpoint presentations for all the sessions will be made available to all online participants after the summit for no additional charge.
To watch a 5-minute preview of a sample live audio/video streaming broadcast recorded earlier this year at Claremont Graduate University, click on the following link: Enter the webcast room
UCLA Covel Commons
Grand Horizon Banquet Room
University of California, Los Angeles
330 De Neve Dr., LA, CA 90024
Directions and Interactive Map, Click HERE
Why should I attend the summit?
With healthcare reform and health IT adoption currently the hottest topic in healthcare, technical and clinical practitioners need to understand how emerging technologies will impact their business. People working in medicine or IT in a healthcare setting will learn how providers, clinicians, allied health professionals and informaticists are working together to integrate science and technology, encouraging multi-disciplinary collaboration to bridge the gap across health systems. Some of the top names in the field of clinical informatics will be present to discuss the leading edge ideas and developments in the field.
What will I get out of the summit?
- A solid understanding of clinical informatics, its impact and future
- Expert guidance on relevant issues such patient safety, quality of care, workflow/clinical processes, cross-collaboration, and innovative technology
- An ability to apply the concepts and methods covered in the program directly to their current professional projects
- A rare and unique opportunity to network online with peers as well as some of the very best minds working in health informatics today
This summit is primarily aimed at:
- Directors and C-level managers in healthcare organizations who want to get updated knowledge of this field
- Physicians, nurses, and pharmacists who want to broaden their knowledge on the use, challenges and values of clinical informatics, quality care, and patient safety
- Executives and administrators who have to make important decisions on the return on investment on their healthcare IT investments
- Vendors and consultants who need to understand the current needs in clinical informatics
- Students who want to pursue a career in healthcare informatics
How can I find out more information about attending the summit in person?
How do I qualify for Nursing CECs and HIMSS CPHIMS CEs?
Live webcast attendees will be eligible to receive the same number of nursing continuing education credits and HIMSS CPHIMS continued education units as those who attend the event in person. Please click HERE for more details.
SoCal HIMSS Clinical Informatics Summit Flyer:
To view a PDF flyer of the upcoming event, click HERE.
More Information About HIMSS:
Not a Member? Join HIMSS at: http://www.himss.org/ASP/individualHome.asp
Follow SoCal HIMSS on Web: http://www.himss-socal.org
Follow SoCal HIMSS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/himsssocal
Follow SoCal HIMSS on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/himsssocal
Follow SoCal HIMSS on LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/ckiQ7r