On-site Registration is Now Closed as we have reached maximum capacity! You can still register for Live Webcast.
Claremont Graduate University
925 North Dartmouth Avenue, Claremont, 91711
Why should I attend the workshop:
With health IT adoption currently the hottest topic in healthcare, technical and clinical practitioners need to understand how emerging technologies will impact their business. People working in medicine or IT in a healthcare setting will be able to discover how things like EMR’s, PHR’s, telemedicine and consumer health informatics are impacting how medicine is practiced and care delivered. Some of the top names in the field will be present to discuss the leading edge ideas and developments in the field.
What will I get out of the workshop:
- A solid understanding of health informatics, its impact and future
- Expert guidance on relevant issues such as HL7 and standards, the role of the EMR/PHR in improving patient care, GIS and its impact on health care
- An ability to apply the concepts and methods covered in the program directly to their current professional projects
- A rare and unique opportunity to network with peers as well as some of the very best minds working in health informatics today
This workshop is primarily aimed at:
- Directors and C-level managers in healthcare organizations who want to get updated knowledge of this field
- Physicians and nurses who want to broaden their knowledge on the use, challenges and values of electronic medical records
- Executives and administrators who have to make important decisions on the return on investment on their healthcare IT investments
- Students who want to pursue a career in healthcare informatics
More about the Workshop
As healthcare reform takes center stage this year, it is clear that Heathcare IT will play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of healthcare services both nationally and globally. Healthcare Informatics is a rapidly growing field that deals with the structure, acquisition and use of medical information. With the global boom in healthcare and quantum advancements in IT, medical informatics is already becoming an exciting career choice. However it is anticipated that not enough skilled healthcare informaticians will be available to fill the growing need.
While the current environment may be filled with uncertainties, CIOs are continually challenged to make definitive actions that cut spending on IT where possible and align IT around initiatives that run, grow and transform the business. CxOs and external influencers now expect IT to be a key differentiator to effectively enable care and business strategies. This workshop explores the challenges and actions that IT can take in the new uncertain environment. Even if you are an experienced IT manager, this 2-day intense workshop will provide you with in-depth exposure to the milieu of how medicine is practiced, the issues and challenges with electronic medical records, the impact of consumer driven health care using Internet, cell phones and social networking along with the how to reap maximum value for your healthcare IT enterprise architecture.
The workshop will be taught by faculty members of Claremont Graduate University, Loma Linda University and leading practitioners from healthcare industry.